Would you like to work for the hotel chain that has won the Zoover Award for Best Hotel Chain in the Netherlands 3 years in a row? Join us!
Chef de Cuisine Grand Café Krasnapolsky, Roomservice & Minibar - NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky – a 150-years-old icon on Dam Square
Being one of the most famous hotels of Amsterdam, situated on Dam Square and facing the Royal Palace, NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky is one of the three NH Collection hotels in the Netherlands. After more than two years of renovations, the hotel, consisting of 55 adjacent buildings, has been completely refurbished. The hotel has 451 rooms, of which a Royal Suite of 120 m2, facing Dam Square and with private elevator and bulletproof glass, and a Presidential Suite of 100 m2. For business guests, the hotel offers 2200 m2 of meeting and event space. One of the most striking spaces is the listed Winter Garden, where the NH Collection Breakfast is served every morning. NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky has been awarded as ‘Best Meeting and Event location of the Netherlands’ in category Large (>250 guests) at the National Meeting Awards in February 2016. Gastronomy lovers have several options to go to: the hotel offers the Grand Café Krasnapolsky, cocktail bar The Tailor, winner of the ‘Best New Hotel Bar of Amsterdam’ award 2016, and fine-dining restaurant The White Room by Jacob Jan Boerma (3*Michelin for Restaurant De Leest in Vaassen).
NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky – Feel the Extraordinary!
As the Chef de Cuisine of Grand Café Krasnapolsky, Roomservice & Minibar you will work closely with the Consulting Chef with regard to creation, preparation, and the execution of menus and dishes.
In this role you will be responsible for the entire Kitchen Brigade of Grand Café Krasnapolsky, Roomservice & Minibar ensuring maximum guest experience through planning, organizing, coaching, and leading the kitchen operation and administration.
Your main challenge is to take your culinary team to a higher level by inspiring and motivating each individual to give their best.
As Chef de Cuisine you will be responsible for the following:
• Maintaining culinary standards for Grand Café Krasnapolsky, Roomservice & Minibar by ensuring that the dishes are prepared and presented according the predefined quality levels.
• Ensuring that the quality of products are up to standard and making sure that the entire kitchen team is committed as well.
• Training and coaching of the Kitchen team concerning product knowledge, menu engineering, and exceeding expectations
The ideal candidate:
• Has a diploma in food production (MBO 4)
• Has at least 2 years of working experience in a similar role in a 5 star establishment
• Has knowledge of kitchen hygiene activities and health and safety standards
• Is creative, has a hands-on mentality, and eager to exceed expectations together with his/her team
• Excellent communication skills and proficient in the English Language
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!