Offbeat, lively, dynamic and disruptive, that’s nhow! Looking to get more out of your stay? Elevate your stay in one of our hotels and experience the best of what the city has to offer. Surround yourself with the latest local design, lifestyle & culture, yet sleep in a hotel with worldwide appeal. The brand is part of the NH Hotel Group, that operates nearly 400 hotels in 29 countries across Europe, America and Africa.
We are looking for a skilled, entrepreneurial and creative Marketing & Communication Specialist, in charge of the positioning of nhow Rotterdam. You will play a strategic role in developing PR-initiatives and local partnerships in order to maximize the (free) publicity around nhow Rotterdam in (inter)national press.
In addition, you will play a strategic role in expanding the nhow brand, taking the lead in all Marketing activities for new hotels like nhow Amsterdam RAI and nhow London, both opening early 2019. While the role is more focused on nhow Rotterdam at the moment, the scope will gradually broaden once new nhow hotels open their doors within the region Benelux, UK, France and Africa.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Development and execution of the Marketing & Communication plan for nhow Rotterdam, in conjunction with the hotel director and the Senior Manager Hotel Marketing & Brand
• Development and execution of the Marketing & Communication plan for new nhow hotels in the pre-opening phase, working together with relevant external parties
• Coordination and execution of PR campaigns, stunts, initiatives and events to increase nhow brand visibility and brand awareness - and ultimately increase sales, together with the NH Hotel Group Media Promotions & PR Team
• Building and maintaining strategic national (media) partnerships and developing joint promotions with matching media, brands, retailers, clients and suppliers
• Development and creation of all branded nhow materials (brochures, stationery, hotel items, etc.) ensuring the items are in line with the global nhow brand identity and guidelines and have a consistent tone of voice and look & feel, in conjunction with the Marketing department
• Writing and releasing press releases on events, developments and programming elements
• Creating on-line buzz and revenue by optimizing the nhow content on the websites, blogs and social media
• Maximizing media coverage and positively influencing the public opinion about the nhow brand
• Ensuring all local activities, events and tools are in line with the global nhow brand guidelines, operational promise and brand positioning
• Successful execution of the NH Rewards Loyalty program in the nhow Rotterdam hotel
• Aligning the Marketing & Communication plan with the HQ Brand Strategy team, providing updates on the local nhow Marketing projects in the hotels
• Be the connecting force between the different hotels and departments for the nhow brand
The Marketing & Communication Specialist nhow will be based 50% in Rotterdam (nhow Rotterdam) and
50% in Hoofddorp (NH Hotel Group Central Services), is able to work in weekends and evenings during events and will have dual reporting to the Hotel Director of nhow Rotterdam and the Senior Manager Hotel Marketing & Brand.
Knowledge and skills
• Bachelor/Master Degree, preferably in Marketing / Communications
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience in Marketing and/or Communications
• Creative, focused, hands-on, highly organized and results-driven
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Dutch and English
• Outstanding communication skills and a passionate networking professional
• Team player
• Affinity with hospitality
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!