NH Hotel Group operates nearly 400 hotels worldwide in 30 countries in Europe, Africa and North and South America and is listed on the Madrid Stock Exchange. Part of NH Hotel Group are the 3 and 4 star urban NH Hotels, the flagship NH Collection hotels, the nhow design hotels and the Hesperia vacation resorts. Worldwide, over 20.000 employees are focused on delivering the best service for the best price to over 16 million guests every year. NH Hotel Group has been voted ‘Best Hotel Chain in the Netherlands’ in 2016 for the third consecutive year by review website Zoover.nl.
The Sales Manager Travel Industry will represent NH Hotels within the Travel Industry in the Benelux. Through close cooperation with the main TMC’s (Travel Management Companies) and the executing of sales and marketing plans, drawn by the Sales Manager Travel Industry, maximum revenue share for NH Hotels is secured. Identifying opportunities through desk research using distribution reports as well as Agency360 reporting is key next to sharing the latest NH Hotels information with the travel industry partners through presentations, individual supplier appointments as well as familiarization trips. The Sales Manager Travel Industry works closely with the corporate and M&E account managers.
Tasks & responsibilities
• Implementing the NH Global segment strategy within the Benelux Market
• Build and strengthen the relationship locally with key TMC’s
• Setup and execute in cooperation with TMC Supplier relations the annual sales and marketing plan
• Develop this segment through local independent agencies and local travel Industry partners
• Coordination with the corporate and MICE sales team to analyse results and evolution of the business generated by the TMC on managed accounts securing a closer relationship with the major corporate account
• Increase revenue objectives through desk research and reporting. Signalling revenue opportunities and market changes
• Reinforce NH brand awareness on the Benelux Travel Industry Market
• Define the guidelines of contracts and negotiations with local TMC’s
• Identify and explore strategies for exploiting new opportunities with intermediaries
• Increasing profitability by improving client relationship management
• Budget Management of marketing funds and departmental costs
• Ensure & maintenance of high quality D-Base
• Maintain close cooperation with VP Travel Industry and the international Travel Industry Team.
• Conduct presentations at TMC’s and participate at or initiate Travel Industry events
• Qualify , organize and participate at Familiarization trips both inbound as well as outbound
• Availability to travel national and international
• Represent the Travel Industry segment at sales and revenue meetings
We are looking for an experienced candidate in the Travel Industry market with a strong network and in-depth understanding of the Travel Industry Segment. You should possess strong commercial, communication, and analytical skills needed to make smart business decisions in the execution of the commercial plan. You have a commercial attitude and are able to persuade our clients to choose NH Hotels in the booking process. You find it important to work on a high service level, advise our clients, and provide them with a professional tailor-made proposal, which is according to their wishes and “to be an ambassador of the NH Hotel Group”.Fluent in both Dutch and English verbal and written communication.
• Graduate from a Commercial education or Hotel Management school on Bachelor level.
• Minimum of 2 years Sales experience in the hotel or Travel industry
• Preferably experienced with Lanyon, Hotelligence and TMS
• Active network in the Travel Industry and key consortia’s
• Knowledge of GDS systems, booking tools and online portals
• Knowledge of Agency 360 reporting and gds data.
• Pro-active, positive and creative
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• No 9 to 5 mentality
• Client and result focused
• Stress resilient
• In the possession of a driver’s license
• Fluent written and verbal communication of Dutch, English and preferably French
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!