In April 2016, Jacob Jan Boerman opened his restaurant The White Room in NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. The fine dining restaurant will seat 60 guests for dinner. The name The White Room is derived from the historical name of the room ‘De Witte Zaal’, the name that was given to the restaurant when it first opened in 1885. The room is listed as a monument and is considered to be the oldest restaurant of Amsterdam in original condition. History and future are connected with one another, due to the modern styling of this unique restaurant.
In this role, you will supervise the assigned station and colleagues concerning the quality of food products and preparations according to the predefined quality standards.
As Chef de Parti of the White Room you will be responsible for the training of colleagues concerning product knowledge, preparation and presentation of dishes. You will be following the recipes and taking into account waste management and breakage. Furthermore you will ensure that all stations are clean and tidy at all times and all colleagues work according to hygiene and health & Safety standards.
The Chef de Parti will report directly to the Sous Chef. He/she will be responsible for overseeing assigned kitchen stations to ensure consistency of preparation according to the recipes of Signature Chef Jacob Jan Boerma, and product quality which is in line with The White Room concept.
The ideal candidate:
• Has a diploma in food production (MBO 4)
• Has at least 2 years of experience as a chef de parti or 3 years of experience as a Demi chef de parti in a similar establishment, preferably Michelin star/ fine dining restaurants
• Has working knowledge of kitchen hygiene activities and health and safety standards
• Is creative, has a hands-on mentality, and eager to exceed expectations
• Excellent communication skills and proficient in the English and Dutch Language
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!