In April 2016, Jacob Jan Boerma will open his restaurant The White Room in NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. The fine dining restaurant will seat 60 guests for dinner. The name The White Room is derived from the historical name of the room ‘De Witte Zaal’, the name that was given to the restaurant when it first opened in 1885. The room is listed as a monument and is considered to be the oldest restaurant of Amsterdam in original condition. History and future are connected with one another, due to the modern styling of this unique restaurant.
As the Junior Sous Chef The White Room you will be responsible for the following:
• Maintaining culinary standards for the White Room by ensuring that the dishes are prepared and presented according the predefined quality levels.
• Ensuring that the quality of products are up to standard and making sure that the entire kitchen team is committed as well.
• Training and coaching of the Kitchen team concerning product knowledge, menu engineering, and exceeding expectations
• Creating menus, suggesting alternative menus, interacting with guests to exceed guest expectations
As the Junior Sous Chef of The White Room, you will report directly to the Chef de Cuisine, working closely with the Signature Chef Jacob Jan Boerma with regard to creation, preparation, and the execution of menus and dishes.
In this role, together with the Chef de Cuisine, you will be responsible for ensuring maximum guest experience through planning, organizing, coaching, and leading the kitchen operation and administration. You will play an active role in taking the culinary team to a higher level by interacting and challenging the team members.
The ideal candidate:
• Has a diploma in food production (MBO 4)
• Is eager to learn
• Has knowledge of kitchen hygiene activities and health and safety standards
• Is creative, has a hands-on mentality, and eager to exceed expectations together with his/her team
• Excellent communication skills and proficient in the English Language
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!