Being one of the most famous hotels of Amsterdam, situated on Dam Square and facing the Royal Palace, NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky is one of the three NH Collection hotels in the Netherlands. After more than two years of renovations, the hotel, consisting of 55 adjacent buildings, has been completely refurbished. The hotel has 451 rooms, of which a Royal Suite of 120 m2, facing Dam Square and with private elevator and bulletproof glass, and a Presidential Suite of 100 m2. For business guests, the hotel offers 2200 m2 of meeting and event space. One of the most striking spaces is the listed Winter Garden, where the NH Collection Breakfast is served every morning. NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky has been awarded as ‘Best Meeting and Event location of the Netherlands’ in category Large (>250 guests) at the National Meeting Awards in February 2016. Gastronomy lovers have several options to go to: the hotel offers the Grand Café Krasnapolsky, cocktail bar The Tailor, winner of the ‘Best New Hotel Bar of Amsterdam’ award 2016, and fine-dining restaurant The White Room by Jacob Jan Boerma (3*Michelin for Restaurant De Leest in Vaassen).
The main goal of the cook is to prepare food products according to the F&B Collection standard recipes and to minimise waste to ensure food costs are in line with budget. The Demi Chef de Parti enjoys working in a 5 star hotel environment, meeting special requests from guests, and being part of making exceptional culinary creations for the specific functions in the hotel.
The ideal candidate:
• Has an intrinsic desire to exceed guest expectations
• Has a hands on mentality
• Has a diploma in food production (MBO 4) or has kitchen experience in a hotel environment
• Has knowledge of kitchen hygiene activities and health and safety standards
• Fluent in the English language and preferably knowledge of the Dutch language
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!