Being one of the most famous hotels of Amsterdam, situated on Dam Square and facing the Royal Palace, NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky is one of the three NH Collection hotels in the Netherlands. The hotel has 451 rooms, of which a Royal Suite of 120 m2, facing Dam Square and with private elevator and bulletproof glass, and a Presidential Suite of 100 m2. For business guests, the hotel offers 2200 m2 of meeting and event space. One of the most striking spaces is the listed Winter Garden, where the NH Collection Breakfast is served every morning. NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky has been awarded as ‘Best Meeting and Event location of the Netherlands’ in category Large (>250 guests) at the National Meeting Awards in February 2016. Gastronomy lovers have several options to go to: the hotel offers the Grand Café Krasnapolsky, cocktail bar The Tailor, winner of the ‘Best New Hotel Bar of Amsterdam’ award 2016, and fine-dining restaurant The White Room by Jacob Jan Boerma (3*Michelin for Restaurant De Leest in Vaassen).
You will be responsible for overseeing, supervising and directing all operational departments together with the Hotel Director. Furthermore, you will be in charge for short & long term planning and professional management of all operations in the front and back of the House. As the Assistant Hotel Director of NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky you develop, control budgets and objectives. You implement and maintain NH standards & procedures and you ensure their implementation. In addition, you hire, train, coach and empower your team with high standards of quality and service. You report directly to the Hotel Director and your team consist of +/- 250 FTE’s.
You will be coordinating the work performance. Therefore:
• Give instructions to Department Heads.
• Adjust the work in case of anomalies.
• Ensure efficient use and management of premises, inventory, equipment / facilities.
• Handle complaints from guests.
You will monitor the efficiency / productivity and the departmental revenue. Therefore:
• Prepare plans and budgets.
• Monitor the realization, tracking and adjusting defects.
• Develop actions for improvement, conduct cost savings.
• Provide information on budgets and investments.
The ideal candidate:
- You are high- quality driven, and result oriented
- You have an immaculate eye for detail
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as an assistant Hotel Director or assistant General Manager.
- You possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit and motivational leadership
- You have excellent organizational skills and are flexible in working-hours
- You have exceptional commercial and communication skills
- You have the ability to be rigorous and strict in a diplomatic manner
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!