As Manager PR & Communication you are, as part of the Marketing, Communication and
E-Commerce team, responsible for the full PR and Communication strategy of NH Hotel Group within the Business Unit Benelux, UK, France and Africa. You will be working closely together with the Senior Manager E-Commerce & CRM and the Senior Manager Marketing & Media to ensure a fully coherent Marketing & Communication strategy, in which PR, social media, free publicity and (press) events play an important role.
With the overall objective being to increase the brand awareness, visibility and brand preference of the various brands of NH Hotel Group, it is key to develop strategic PR concepts, to develop and maintain an engaging social media strategy and to organize surprising stunts and events. In addition, you ensure that all (corporate) communication activities are executed in the best possible way and that strong relations are built and maintained with all relevant media, bloggers and influencers. You will also advise, support and help other departments with their communication activities and come up with creative and impactful solutions.
A strong focus should also be on internal communication activities, to ensure relevant information is shared frequently and adequately within our organization in order to inform and motivate the nearly 3.000 employees in the Business Unit.
• Build, manage and implement a strategic PR and Communication plan, complementing the traditional Marketing plan, in order to ensure year round visibility of NH Hotel Group in the market.
• Create, implement and produce determined PR, Communication and Social Media projects that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, working closely together with the Marketing and E-Commerce colleagues.
• Build relationships with trade partners, media partners, key journalists, bloggers, trade press and influencers in general.
• Actively recruit ambassadors by creating enthusiasm and loyalty, in order to build a strong base of key influencers supporting and endorsing the brand
• Take advantage of editorial calendars to ensure the company’s message is communicated and included in current trend, round-up and feature stories.
• Maintain a calendar of campaigns, events, and conferences associated with various objectives and target markets.
• Take ownership of the PR / Communication budget, managing the assigned budget and proposing the right resources for fulfilling the required business plans and targets.
• Ensure the relevance of global PR activities around the various brands for the local market, by finding (local) angles and hooks.
· Coordinate and implement the company’s corporate strategy by creating relevant content and interacting with the community on social media in a professional way.
· Monitor, analyze and grow the company’s (online) community and guard the (online) reputation.
· Report on the KPI’s and the company’s performances in PR, Communication and Social Media.
· Build up and maintain a database with up-to-date images, video, copy and other corporate communication materials and ensure availability for targeted PR-groups.
· Creation of content and overall coordination for several internal newsletters within the company.
· Coordinate the activities of the PR & Communication Trainee.
• Proven experience driving external communications functions (e.g. contacts with journalists, external promotion campaigns, media partnerships etc.).
• A proactive, motivated, analytical, adaptable and enthusiastic attitude with outstanding presentation, organizational and communication skills.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, both in English and Dutch
• The ability to work in a dynamic environment with a pro-active and practical approach.
• Result-driven and result oriented.
• Capacity to travel, as well as to work flexible hours and days
• The ability to use PR in a strategic way, seamlessly complementing global advertising campaigns.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• A creative approach towards PR, in which various tools, channels and concepts are being utilized to complement well executed traditional PR.
• A hands-on mentality in which not only the strategy is defined, but also executed, monitored and adjusted if necessary.
• Strong social skills and unlimited enthusiasm to inspire journalists, stakeholders, influencers and potential partners to become ambassadors for the brand.
• Knowledge of business and leisure travel and / or experience gained within a multi-national marketing environment and in consumer PR will be considered a plus.
• Highly organized and ability to multi-task in a driven manner.
• An exceptional team player, able to motivate and support others
• Degree on Bachelor/Master Level, preferably Marketing / Communication
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in public relations or related experience as well as working with global teams in an international environment.
• Fluent in Dutch and English.
• A proven track record of success in Marketing Communications and PR.
• A strong personal network within the media landscape.
• In possession of a high dose of creativity and enthusiasm
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!