The Sales Executive NH Collection Hotels Amsterdam will represent 800+ upscale hotelrooms and extensive meeting facilities in the city centre of Amsterdam divided over 3 unique hotel properties, prime focus will be on the high end individual local market for the NH Collection Doelen hotel.
The largest property currently known as NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky has a rich history and is well-known even beyond its own national borders. The recently renovated hotel has nearly 2,200 square meters of event space and 451 rooms, among which a Royal Suite of 150 square meters with its own private elevator, bullet proof windows, and an astonishing view of Dam Square.
The second largest NH Collection hotel in Amsterdam is known as the NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace and located right in the center of Amsterdam opposite the main train station and close to the museums and shops. The building itself is a highlight in architecture, dating back to the 17th century with rooms spread across a series of 17th-century houses
The hotel’s 274 rooms and public areas were renovated and refurbished (Q1 2016) to meet the upscale NH Collection standards and services.
The 3rd and smallest NH Collection hotel in Amsterdam recently re-opened as the NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen Hotel. This boutique hotel is the oldest and one of the most famous in Amsterdam. Dating back to the 17th century, this beautiful building sits on the banks of the Amstel river in the heart of the city’s historic center. The hotel has just over 80 rooms, which have all been upgraded to an upscale NH Collection boutique hotel. This hotel requires active local and regional animation generating higher adr segment bookers, mainly on the individual market.
The Sales Executive represents the new NH Collection Hotels in Amsterdam. Through a result driven approach he/she is able to secure above target results in the primarily b-to-b and b-to-c individual segment and has a significant contribution to achieve the NH Collection Hotels’ sales objectives, booking goals, and property revenues in rooms and food & beverage. Represents the upscale Collection Brand in main strategic national sales activities in the regional and local market, in line with the commercial plan. S/he has a solid network and works closely together with the Senior Sales Manager Collection Hotels Amsterdam and with the NH National Sales teams to coordinate a proper action plan and customer centric approach.
With a key focus on finding incremental new business for the NH Collection Doelen hotel in the regional and local market the overall objective remains representing all Collection hotels at all times.
Tasks & responsibilities
-Increase individual segments especially for the boutique NH Collection Doelen hotel and maintain good relationships with a number of key local and regional clients and finding new customers.
- Executes the sales strategy for the NH Collection Hotels and verifies that individual booking goals are met for both on-property staff and off-property sales channels.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Client retention of key accounts
- Participates in sales calls with members of the on-property and/or off-property sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Maintain and develop the RFP’s together with the National & International Sales Offices
- Achieve turnover objectives
- Contribute to the yearly budget- and business plans
- Makes reports and analyzes them together with the Director of Sales & General Managers of the Collection Hotels
- Initiates and realizes Client events
- “ To be an ambassador ” of the NH Collection Label
We are looking for an experienced candidate in the upscale-luxury hotel segment, preferably with a strong (inter) national network and in-depth understanding of the high end individual markets and portals. You should possess strong commercial, communication, and analytical skills needed to make smart business decisions in the execution of the commercial plan. You have a strong commercial attitude and are able to persuade our clients to choose for the NH Collection Hotels in Amsterdam. You find it important to work on a high service level, advise our clients, and provide them with a professional tailor-made proposal, which is according to their wishes and “to be an ambassador of the NH Collection Brand”.
- Graduate from a Commercial education or Hotel Management school on Bachelor level.
- Minimum of 2 years Sales experience in the hotel industry, preferably at a luxury brand of an international chain
- Experienced with Lanyon, Hotelligence and TMS
- Large active network
- Pro-active, positive and creative
- Excellent communication skills
- No 9 to 5 mentality, working in weekends and evenings
- Client and result focused
- Stress resilient
- In the possession of a driver’s license
Besides a competitive salary, NH Hotel Group offers the following benefits:
- Year end bonus: payment of 50% monthly salary guaranteed in December plus 25% variable depending on company results
- Special Employee rate worldwide!
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
- Special rates for friends and family
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide!