As a Bar Service Manager, you will lead a team of +/- 8 fte. You will run the team together with the Culinary Service Supervisor.
You are predominantly supervising the bar and serving guests, however, you are also involved in preparing cold dishes in the bar area. You will manage a group of professionals who are able to prepare hot and cold dishes and serve guests in the bar.
The Bar Service Manager is responsible for managing a team of all round service professionals on shift. Besides your hospitable creativity and your drive to create experiences, you are a role model who enjoys training & coaching of staff members. You are the main contact person for staff members during the shift and act as the linking pin between staff and management. The main challenge of this position, together with the team, is to help build a culinary start up!
After the success of Roomservice @ Olof’s, Michelin * chef Chris Naylor from Restaurant Vermeer Amsterdam, will open a new bar concept in the heart of the NH Collection Barbizon Palace. The name is yet to be revealed!
This new bar concept will combine carefully selected quality wines and small sharing bites, in which vegetables will play a leading role. All bites may be ordered together with drinks being suitable for a snacking dinner or for a light quick lunch. The fine products displayed in the bar will make it possible for the guests to purchase for home use .
This concept will be the first of many to be opened within the NH Hotel Group chain.
For this new bar concept, we are looking for culinary hospitality entrepreneurs who enjoy pioneering and building a concept from scratch together with hospitality professionals.
The ideal candidate:
• Has an entrepreneurial character and thinks outside of the box
• Enjoys setting up a new concept with others
• Is willing to contribute and create a new brand
• Has an intrinsic desire to exceed guest expectations
• Enjoys interacting with guests and colleagues
• Has at least 2 years of working experience in a similar environment
• Excellent knowledge of food and wine pairing knowledge
• Has leadership skills
In this position you are working for NH Hotel Group; a professional and international hotel chain. We understand that people make the difference which is conveyed in our excellent working conditions:
- Unique in the hospitality industry: a year-end bonus for every employee with a minimum of 50% of your monthly salary.
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities.
- Invite your friends and family for city trips in all of our NH Hotels worldwide ánd 30% discount on our restaurants and bars.
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide.
- We care for your health and therefore offer discounts on collective health insurance and financial services, a "bike plan" and discount at various gyms.