As the Wine Specialist you have a natural passion and you are eager to share and acquire new knowledge of wine and liquor. Eventually, your ambition is to become a Sommelier. Now’s your Chance!
Together with the Sommelier of Restaurant Vermeer, you will make a selection of quality wines to be paired with the dishes of the new bar concept. The wines will also be displayed in the bar, of which you will have the opportunity to entice them with your passion and knowledge.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of wine and liquor, making sure that the wine list and displays are updated regularly. You enjoy transferring your knowledge of wines to your colleagues and you do this by organising wine pairing tastings. You proactively give your ideas and you are eager, together with the team, to build and be part of a culinary start up!
In this role, you may have the opportunity to follow a course on vinology.
After the success of Roomservice @ Olof’s, Michelin * chef Chris Naylor from Restaurant Vermeer Amsterdam, will open a new bar concept in the heart of the NH Collection Barbizon Palace. The name is yet to be revealed!
This new bar concept will combine carefully selected quality wines and small sharing bites, in which vegetables will play a leading role. All bites may be ordered together with drinks being suitable for a snacking dinner or for a light quick lunch. The fine products displayed in the bar will make it possible for the guests to purchase for home use .
This concept will be the first of many to be opened within the NH Hotel Group chain.
For this new bar concept, we are looking for culinary hospitality entrepreneurs who enjoy pioneering and building a concept from scratch together with hospitality professionals.
The ideal candidate:
• Has at least 2 years of experience as a wine specialist
• Enjoys wine pairing
• Is creative, has attention to detail, and eager to exceed expectations
• Has a hands on mentality and eager to learn
• Enjoys interacting with guests and colleagues
• Is willing to contribute and create a new brand
In this position you are working for NH Hotel Group; a professional and international hotel chain. We understand that people make the difference which is conveyed in our excellent working conditions:
- Unique in the hospitality industry: a year-end bonus for every employee with a minimum of 50% of your monthly salary.
- NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities.
- Invite your friends and family for city trips in all of our NH Hotels worldwide ánd 30% discount on our restaurants and bars.
- Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide.
- We care for your health and therefore offer discounts on collective health insurance and financial services, a "bike plan" and discount at various gyms.