In the position of Sales Manager, you are responsible for the nhow Amsterdam RAI portfolio Corporate and M&E market. Through a result driven approach you are able to coordinate a good positioning for this new hotel, maximize revenues and profit for the accounts assigned & developing new opportunities establishing a complete action plan. You represent nhow Amsterdam RAI in main strategic (inter)national sales activities, in line with the commercial plan. You will co-ordinate sales efforts generated through sales calls, site inspections and other activities. You will be part of the pre-opening team of nhow Amsterdam RAI and will be reporting directly to the Cluster Director of Sales.
Tasks & responsibilities
• You have a pro-active business approach and commercial focused
• You are ambitious to achieve optimal results
• As an ambassador of the nhow brand you are representative professional and you are a self-motivator and take initiatives to create business opportunities
• Networking is your nature and you are able to create opportunities to further develop the partnership with your clients
• We see you as a professional, enthusiastic, authentic and inspirational colleague and you are a true asset to our team
• Partners with Area Sales and Group Sales within the BU National Sales Office to establish successful account deployment and execution
• Attends sales meetings to provide input on weekly basis and overall sales strategy
• Client retention of key accounts
• Participates in sales calls with members of the on-property and/or off-property sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Maintain and develop the RFP’s together with the National & International Sales Offices
• Achieve turnover objectives
• Contribute to the yearly budget- and business plans
• Initiates and realizes nhow Amsterdam RAI events
• Graduate from a Commercial education or Hotel Management school on Bachelor level.
• Minimum of 3 years Sales experience in the hotel industry, preferably at a luxury brand of an international chain
• Preferably experienced with Lanyon, Hotelligence and TMS
• Pro-active, positive and creative
• Excellent communication skills
• No 9 to 5 mentality
• Client and result focused
• Stress resilient
• In the possession of a driver’s license
• Fluent written and verbal communication and English and preferably a second language
nhow Amsterdam RAI will open the doors in Q1 2020 and with 650 rooms and a height of 91 metres, nhow Amsterdam RAI will be the largest newly built hotel in the Benelux region. A place where contemporary art, design, gastronomy and cultural expressions go hand in hand, located directly close to the RAI Convention Center and Amsterdam RAI station.
The brand nhow brand consists of various lifestyle hotels, each with an exceptional design, designed by renowned architects. nhow is a unique brand that surprises and inspires it´s guests by offering them an unconventional experience. As with the other nhow properties, the hotel will offer an unique experience that will elevate the guest’s stay by awaking their senses, and at the same time will make them feel welcomed and part of an unforgettable experience. The hotel will become a destination and hotspot for visitors to the city, whether they are business travellers, leisure travellers or Amsterdam residents.
The history of Amsterdam as a source of inspiration: The building, designed by Rem Koolhaas / OMA, is inspired by one of the most iconic features of RAI Amsterdam: the advertising column, better known as "Het Signaal". The three triangles on each other point the building in many directions and symbolizes the diversity of the past, the present and the future of the city of Amsterdam. The design of the rooms is inspired by the six wind directions to which the corners of the building point: south, east, north, southwest, southeast and northwest. Themes from the "Golden Age" of Amsterdam as a commercial center of Europe are clearly visible in the rooms, in combination with well-known international symbols, such as mandalas from India, Mexican "Día de Muertos" skulls or cherry blossom from Japan: all symbols come back in a modern, international setting.
After the successful opening of nhow Rotterdam in 2014, NH Hotel Group is working for the second time with the famous architect Rem Koolhaas / OMA (Office for Metropolitan Architecture).
We are looking for an experienced candidate with a strong network and in-depth understanding of the Sales industry. You should possess strong commercial, communication, and analytical skills needed to make smart business decisions in the execution of the commercial plan. You have a commercial attitude and are able to convince our clients to choose nhow Amsterdam RAI in the booking process. You find it important to work on a high service level, advise our clients, and provide them with a professional tailor-made proposal, which is according to their wishes and “to be an ambassador of nhow Amsterdam RAI”. You are fluent in English verbal and written communication.
We're hiring, you are perfect, let's meet!
In this position you are working for NH Hotel Group; a professional and international hotel chain. We understand that people make the difference which is conveyed in our excellent working conditions:
• A year-end bonus based on your personal objectives plan and the results of NH Hotel Group
• NH University: excellent training & (international) development opportunities
• Employee rate in all NH hotels worldwide
• Invite your friends and family for city trips in all of our NH Hotels worldwide ánd 30% discount on our restaurants and bars!
• Excellent career opportunities: all employees of NH Hotel Group are given priority on internal vacancies worldwide